Different from many other IP firms, litigation is not just another “area of practice”.
BMA / BUFETE MEJIA & ASOCIADOS intellectual property litigation practice has been a cornerstone of the firm since its founding and we have a strong demonstrated record of achieving successful results for our clients in litigation involving all aspects of our practice including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, unfair competition and false advertising. When entrusted with a litigation matter we carefully consider the complexity of the issue, business objectives, and budget. The Firm also has extensive experience in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as arbitrations and mediations.
We specialize in:
- Filing and defending an opposition
- Cancellation and/or nullity actions
- Unfair competition actions
- Infraction actions
- Border Measures and related actions including seizure of goods before the Customs Office
- Resolution of conflicts through mediation and arbitration
- Commercial litigation in general
- Appeals and other petitions before the respective appealing Courts, the Supreme Court of Justice and Administrative Offices.